Health Reminders from our Nurses…
We are definitely in the throes of cold and flu season across our schools. Here are some important guidelines to consider when you hear those words, “I don’t feel well; I can’t go to school today.” Please take a moment to review the important tips from our nurses in District 35. The number one tip to avoid sickness remains washing your hands throughout each day. Also, students should be fever-free without the aid of medication for 24 hours in order to return to school after being out sick. Thank you for helping our entire school community to stay healthy.
In addition, we are hearing much in the news about the 2019 coronavirus. The best way to prevent infection with any virus is to take precautions to avoid exposure. The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) always recommends everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces