NEW Online Absence Reporting
Please use this LINK to report a child’s absence. Please report student absences with this form before 9:00 AM.
Central School Clubs for 2021– 2022
Please click here for a list of clubs offered at Central School. There is no need to register.
Away for the Day
Please remind your child that upon arrival to school they need to turn off their phones and place them in their lockers during school hours.
Social Emotional Learning
On Thursday, January 20, all Central School students will participate in social and emotional learning during our extended advisory. The special schedule for this day can be found below.
As a reminder, our doors open at 8:15 AM with class beginning at 8:20 AM. Students are considered tardy if they are not in their advisory class by 8:20 AM.
Please click here for more information about our athletics. To access the Athletic Department page in the future, go to the Parent Resources tab near the top of the Central School website. After you click on Parent Resources, the Athletic Department is found under Departments.
Outdoor Attire for Recess
With the colder weather, we encourage our students to dress appropriately for the outdoors. As a reminder, students will be outside for recess, so coats, gloves, and hats are highly recommended.
1. Beginning at the intersection of Greenwood and Hazel, cars should form one drop off line on the west side of Greenwood.
2. Cars entering the drop off line from Hazel must obey the stop sign and then turn left and enter the west lane of Greenwood.
3. All students should be dropped off in between the designated drop off area in front of the main doors.
4. When dropping off, please pull up to the furthest spot possible within the green cones. When you can’t pull up any further, your child should exit and proceed to their assigned entry door (5th Grade – South door on Greenwood, 6th Grade – Main door on Greenwood, 7th Grade – North Door by the basketball court, 8th Grade – Recess door by our North Field).
5. Please have your child ready to immediately exit from the right side of the vehicle on the west side of Greenwood Avenue in between the designated drop off area. Children should never exit from the driver’s side since vehicles depart on the east side of Greenwood Avenue.
6. Only the west side of Greenwood Avenue should be utilized until your child has exited your vehicle. Please do not cut from the east side to the west side to drop off your child. If you do this, it means you have not properly merged in the drop off line.
AM/PM Pickup Procedures
1. When picking up children from Central School, use the right lane only on Greenwood Avenue.
2. Move your car as far south as possible on Greenwood Avenue when waiting for your child.
3. As the car in front of you moves forward or enters the exit lane, pull forward to keep the pickup line moving as far south as possible.
4. Use the left lane only for exiting the area.
5. Do not park your vehicle on Hazel Avenue.
6. When waiting for your child to exit the school building, do not block crosswalks or local driveways.
7. Do not use or block the fire lane or leave your car unattended.
Thank you for your help with drop off and pickup procedures to ensure all students and drivers are safe.
We are pleased to share that our students are able to use text messaging to reach out for help for themselves or friends at any time of day or night. Text-a-Tip allows students to find anonymous, immediate help if they are struggling with drug or alcohol abuse, depression, difficult family situations, bullying, or any of the many challenges they face today. Text-A-Tip is staffed with local counselors provided by LEAD (Linking Efforts Against Drugs), a non-profit organization focused on promoting healthy family relationships and preventing alcohol and drug use and other risky behaviors by youth.
For additional information about Text-A-Tip, please click here.