We are excited to share that our students are now able to use text messaging to reach out for help for themselves or friends at any time of day or night. Text-a-Tip allows students to find anonymous, immediate help if they are struggling with drug or alcohol abuse, depression, difficult family situations, bullying, or any of the many challenges they face today. Text-A-Tip is staffed with local counselors provided by LEAD (Linking Efforts Against Drugs), a non-profit organization focused on promoting healthy family relationships and preventing alcohol and drug use and other risky behaviors by youth.
For additional information about Text-A-Tip, please click here.
Central School students will be participating in the Hour of Code the week of December 5. The Hour of Code is a worldwide event that promotes computer programming skills and computer science among young people. These coding activities will help build students’ creativity, problem solving, and other 21st century skills for an increasingly technology dependent future. Feel free to access some of the coding activities students will participate in on the Central CLC page.
Please join us on Tuesday, December 13, at the 6th Grade Dinner and Band, Orchestra and Chorus Concert at Central School. An Italian dinner will be served at 6:00 pm followed by the concert at 6:45 pm. Dinner tickets are on sale now for $9.00 at the PTO Store. All student musicians and their guests must have tickets to enjoy the dinner. Dinners must be ordered by Monday, December 5th. Dinner tickets will not be available at the door!
We are pleased to welcome Veronica Roth, the author of the DIVERGENT trilogy, on January 18, 2017, at 7:00 pm in Misner Auditorium. She is celebrating the release of her new novel, CARVE THE MARK. There will be limited seating for this special event and only those with ticket reservations will be allowed entrance. To reserve your seat and your copy of CARVE THE MARK, please call The Book Stall at (847)446-8880.
The information below pertains to our interscholastic sports program. As a reminder, our student athletes must provide a medical release before participation. The Basketball Schedules and Medical Release Form are posted below.
Boys' Basketball Schedule Updated on 11/8/2016
Girls' Basketball Schedule
Medical Release Form
Our “Bring Your Own Device” program during the 2016-2017 school year is for students in grades 5 and 6. As a reminder, students in these grades are able to bring a laptop computer or a tablet to school to use for educational purposes only. Please remember that this program is optional and students are NOT required to purchase a device. If a student wishes to participate, he or she and a parent must sign a permission slip. For students in grade 6, if a permission slip was already signed, a new one is not necessary. Permission slips can be found below and returned to the Central School office.
Please click here for a list of Central School’s clubs. There is no need to register.
Morning Drop-Off Procedures:
• On Greenwood Avenue, form one car line on the right side and remain in this line until your child exits the vehicle.
• Once in front of Central School, all children should exit on the right side of the vehicle.
• Students can be dropped off at any point along the front of Central School, regardless of the door students use to enter the building.
• Do not drop-off on South Avenue between Greenwood Avenue and Grove Street
• Vehicles should enter the left lane and proceed south on Greenwood Avenue when departing.
• Do not use or block the fire lane or leave cars unattended.
Afternoon Pickup Procedures:
• When picking up children from Central School, use the right lane only on Greenwood Avenue.
• Move your car as far south as possible on Greenwood Avenue when waiting for your child.
• As the car in front of you moves forward or enters the exit lane, pull forward to keep the pickup line moving as far south as possible.
• Use the left lane only for exiting the area.
• Do not park your vehicle on Hazel Avenue.
• When waiting for your child to exit the school building, do not block crosswalks or local driveways.
• Do not use or block the fire lane or leave your car unattended.
Alternatives to Consider:
• If possible, have your child walk to school.
• Identify an alternative location that is not directly in front of Central School to drop off or pick up your child.
• If possible, avoid turning south on Greenwood off of Hazel, as this creates difficulty entering the drop off/pick up lane.
Welcome to Central School! Below, please find a document that identifies many of the characteristics unique to 5th grade. Please spend a bit of time reviewing this information.