We are excited to share that our students are now able to use text messaging to reach out for help for themselves or friends at any time of day or night. Text-a-Tip allows students to find anonymous, immediate help if they are struggling with drug or alcohol abuse, depression, difficult family situations, bullying, or any of the many challenges they face today. Text-A-Tip is staffed with local counselors provided by LEAD (Linking Efforts Against Drugs), a non-profit organization focused on promoting healthy family relationships and preventing alcohol and drug use and other risky behaviors by youth.
For additional information about Text-A-Tip, please click here.
On Thursday, October 6, all Central School students will participate in social and emotional learning during advisory. The special schedule for this day can be found below.
The information below pertains to our interscholastic sports program for Fall 2016. As a reminder, our student athletes must provide a medical release before participation. The medical release form can be found here. Also, the athletic schedules can be found below.
Our “Bring Your Own Device” program during the 2016-2017 school year is for students in grades 5 and 6. As a reminder, students in these grades are able to bring a laptop computer or a tablet to school to use for educational purposes only. Please remember that this program is optional and students are NOT required to purchase a device. If a student wishes to participate, he or she and a parent must sign a permission slip. For students in grade 6, if a permission slip was already signed, a new one is not necessary. Permission slips can be found below and returned to the Central School office.
Please remind your child with the following safety tips as they walk/bike to and from school:
- Continue to look both ways when crossing at the intersection until you finished crossing
- Walk your bike while crossing at the intersection
- Do not talk or text on the cell phone while crossing at the intersection
- Be careful when crossing at driveways
- Do not run, chase, push near and on the street
Please click here for a list of Central School’s clubs. There is no need to register.
Morning Drop-Off Procedures:
• On Greenwood Avenue, form one car line on the right side and remain in this line until your child exits the vehicle.
• Once in front of Central School, all children should exit on the right side of the vehicle.
• Students can be dropped off at any point along the front of Central School, regardless of the door students use to enter the building.
• Do not drop-off on South Avenue between Greenwood Avenue and Grove Street
• Vehicles should enter the left lane and proceed south on Greenwood Avenue when departing.
• Do not use or block the fire lane or leave cars unattended.
Afternoon Pickup Procedures:
• When picking up children from Central School, use the right lane only on Greenwood Avenue.
• Move your car as far south as possible on Greenwood Avenue when waiting for your child.
• As the car in front of you moves forward or enters the exit lane, pull forward to keep the pickup line moving as far south as possible.
• Use the left lane only for exiting the area.
• Do not park your vehicle on Hazel Avenue.
• When waiting for your child to exit the school building, do not block crosswalks or local driveways.
• Do not use or block the fire lane or leave your car unattended.
Alternatives to Consider:
• If possible, have your child walk to school.
• Identify an alternative location that is not directly in front of Central School to drop off or pick up your child.
• If possible, avoid turning south on Greenwood off of Hazel, as this creates difficulty entering the drop off/pick up lane.
This school year, two service dogs will be supporting members of our Central School community. Each dog has undergone extensive training to meet the specific needs related to the student whom they support. Service dogs are recognized as an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Should you have any questions please contact Valerie Lamberti (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Pupil Services.
Welcome to Central School! Below, please find a document that identifies many of the characteristics unique to 5th grade. Please spend a bit of time reviewing this information.
Please print and fill out the following document and have your child return it to his/her advisor by September 2. This form serves as confirmation that you have reviewed our Parent/Student Handbook.
Handbook Verification Form
Parents may access the Parent/Student Handbook here.